Education budget provisions
The budget provisions below are from Brad’s Blog. Again, check out the blog for what has happened this week at the Capitol.
- Basic formula increase of 2.45% for 2021-22 and 2% increase for 2022-23.
- $46.5 million to preserve the voluntary pre-kindergarten seats for the next two years.
- $10.45 million over the biennium for special education cross-subsidy
- $4 million over this biennium and $4 million in the next biennium to reduce the English Language Learner cross-subsidy.
Additionally, the bill includes this ongoing funding:
- $280,000 for American Indian Teacher Preparation Grants.
- $750,000 in this biennium for the Black Men Teach program.
- $400,000 in this biennium for Come Teach in Minnesota Hiring Bonuses.
- $250,000 in this biennium for Expanded Concurrent Enrollment.
- $10 million in this biennium for Grow Your Own
- $4.508 million in this biennium for Teachers of Color Mentoring and Retention Incentive Grants.
- $500,000 in this biennium for Teacher Recruitment and Marketing Campaign.
And this one-time money:
- $3 million in this biennium for the Sanneh Foundation.
- $3 million in this biennium for LETRS grants.
- $1.75 million in this biennium for non-exclusionary discipline training with the House language included.
- $300,000 for Children’s Museums statewide.
- $1 million for Digital Well-Being Grant.
- $1.5 million for Girls in Action.
- $1 million for Math Corps.
- $150,000 for Minnesota Civics Education Coalition.
- $1 million for Right Size College Entrance Examination Reimbursement.
- $265,000 for Suicide Prevention Teacher Training Grants (one-time mone).