Stay informed on what is happening at the Capitol so you can act while legislators make important decisions.
The Minnesota legislature and governor are constitutionally obligated to provide the foundational resources so all children succeed. If they do not, students lose the educational opportunities that they need and deserve.
Everyone can help advocate that all public school children receive a high-quality education. Working together, we can make a difference.
- Make school levies more affordable.
- Allow school boards to renew referendums.
- Stop school levy tax relief from eroding.
What’s happening in education around the state?
What education legislation is on the radar for 2022?
Current educational bills
The 2022 Legislative Session begins on January 31, 2022
See detailed information on the education finance and policy bill passed in the 2021 Legislative Session
- The final education omnibus bill was signed into law on June 30, 2021, during the legislative special session.
- Most of the new funding went to basic formula increases of 2.45% in 2022 and 2.0% in 2023.
Know Key Legislators
Find contact information for key elected officials.
Get timely and detailed reporting from the Capitol.