Understanding the Opportunity Gap
Capitol Pizza FAQs
Find out specific information on your SEE district! See a listing of SEE districts with links to additional material.
A quality public school system creates a highly-educated work force, which is vital for the economic prosperity of Minnesota. The State of Minnesota has a constitutional obligation to ensure that all Minnesota children have equal access to a high quality education that will allow them to reach their full potential and prepare them for the challenges of the 21st century and the global economy.
Who we are . . .
- Schools for Equity in Education (SEE) is an association of 58 school districts throughout the state of Minnesota.
- Our member school districts serve approximately 230,000 children, approximately one-third of Minnesota's K-12 public school students.
- SEE districts tend to receive the minimum in state aid based on its student population and also tend to have lower property wealth. These combined characteristics along with the current problems in the state funding formula result in most SEE districts receiving well below the state average in funding.
We work for . . .
- Equal access to a quality education for all of Minnesota's students regardless of where they live and the property wealth in their local school district.
- Legislation that ensures equitable distribution of school resources.
- A property tax system that is fair and provides equal access to referendum and bond revenue for low property wealth school districts, communities and their taxpayers.
- Holding elected state officials accountable for adequate and equitable funding and policy that enables all students to meet state and federal academic standards and allows them to reach their highest potential.
- An educated and engaged community of parents, grandparents, community members, business leaders – everyone who values K-12 education in Minnesota to stand up and be a voice for our children and their schools.
General membership meetings
All meetings are from 9:30 - 11:30 a.m
Coffee and Conversation from 9:00 - 9:30 a.m.
Lunch provided after the meeting.
Radisson Hotel - Roseville
2540 N. Cleveland Avenue
Roseville, MN 55113
December 8, 2017 - Register Now
Mark your calenday for the remaining 2017-18 meetings.
Friday, February 9, 2018
Friday, April 20, 2018
Thursday, May 24, 2018