Introduction to Schools for Equity in Education (SEE)
A quality public school system creates a highly-educated work force, which is vital for the economic prosperity of Minnesota. The State of Minnesota has a constitutional obligation to ensure that all Minnesota children have equal access to a high quality education that will allow them to reach their full potential, and prepare them for the challenges of the 21st century and the global economy they will compete in.
Who we are . . .
- Schools for Equity in Education (SEE) is an association of 57 school districts throughout the state of Minnesota.
- Our member school districts serve approximately 230,000 children, approximately one-third of Minnesota's K-12 public school students.
- SEE districts tend to receive the minimum in state aid based on its student population and also tend to have lower property wealth. These combined characteristics along with the current problems in the state funding formula result in most SEE districts receiving well below the state average in funding.
We work for . . .
- Equal access to a quality education for all of Minnesota's students regardless of where they live and the property wealth in their local school district.
- Legislation that ensures equitable distribution of school resources.
- A property tax system that is fair and provides equal access to referendum and bond revenue for low property wealth school districts, communities and their taxpayers.
- Holding elected state officials accountable for adequate and equitable funding and policy that enables all students to meet state and federal academic standards and allows them to reach their highest potential.
- An educated and engaged community of parents, grandparents, community members, business leaders – everyone who values K-12 education in Minnesota – to stand up and be a voice for our children and their schools.
Details for the general membership meetings are as follows.
SEE General Membership Meetings
Next Meeting: Friday, November 22, 2019
Location: DoubleTree by Hilton - Roseville (Formerly Radisson Hotel)
2540 N Cleveland Avenue, Roseville, MN
9:30 - 11:30 a.m.
Coffee and Conversation: 9:00 - 9:30 a.m.
Buffet Lunch Following the meeting.
Friday, January 24, 2020
Friday, April 17, 2020
Thursday, May 21, 2022